Employment Assistance Programs
- The Department of Labor’s Veterans’ Employment and Training Service (VETS), through cooperative efforts with, and grants to each state, offers employment and training services to eligible veterans through two programs.
- Local Veterans’ Employment Representatives Program (LVER). Search for your nearest VETS rep by state.
- Disabled Veterans’ Outreach Program (DVOP) To contact a DVOP specialist, call or visit the nearest State Employment Service (sometimes known as Job Service) agency listed in the State Government section of your phone book.
Search for your nearest DVOP or LVER rep, here.
- VetJobs.com is the leading internet job board for veterans.
- Militaryvetjobs.com works to connect job seekers and employers with our easy-to-use tools, providing one of the most efficient mediums for job search in an increasingly competitive job market.
- Department of Labor Veterans’ Employment Opportunities.
- Listing of Jobs on VetSuccess.
- Comprehensive listing of job banks and placement services for veterans on National Resource Directory.
Training Programs and Resources
- Information on Vocational Rehab thru VetSuccess.
- VetNet – Employment Resources for Military Families : http://www.vetnethq.com/
- Google for Veterans: http://www.googleforveterans.com/
Resources for Employers of Veterans
- Fact Sheets and Reference Guides from VetSuccess.
- Comprehensive listing of resources on National Resource Directory.
To stay informed on DVNF Events and Programs for Veterans, Register for our ENews Here.