On Wednesday, September 16, DVNF hosted a luncheon in DC to recognize these organizations for the stellar work they do – and of course, to present them with the grant money!
Over $420,000 was given to these new organizations, as well as second installments of gifts to previous grantees. Some of these organizations train and provide service dogs or offer equine therapy; others make technologies that impact disabled veterans; and then there are some who are just there for at-risk and homeless veterans, working to help get them back on their feet.
While the services each organization offers vary widely, we all came to the luncheon to appreciate the hard work and commitment of one another for the benefit of our veterans.
The organizations DVNF honored in the fall session are:
- Soldier’s Heart, Inc
- Warriors’ Best Friend Foundation
- Home for Heroes, Inc.
- Blue Star Ranch, Serving Our Nations’ Veterans
- Butterfly Circle of Friends/Vets Chat, Inc.
- Silver Lining Villages, Inc.
- Adult Care Services
- Hearts for Heroes US Corp
- Hearts & Hooves
- Hospitalized Veterans’ Writing Project
- The Won Center for East West Medicine at Hahnemann University
- Operation Military Embrace
- Yuba Sutter Veterans Stand Down
- Join-Up International
- Boise Rescue Mission Ministries
- Rush University Medical Center
- Human Engineering Research Laboratory
- New England Center for Homeless Veterans
- Veteran K-9 Corps (America’s VetDogs)
- USA Cares
This luncheon was a great opportunity for all in attendance to network and share valuable ideas about how to strengthen one another in our collective missions to support and empower the veterans we are here to serve.
As Will Beiersdorf of Rush University explained, the event was like joining a family:
What a tremendous day. Congratulations to our new grant recipients, and thank you for all the work you do!
Tags: combat veteran, Disabled Veterans National Foundation, DVNF Grants, Health & Comfort, Mental Health, Military, PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury, Veterans, Wounded Warriors